G&L Guitars USA Kiloton 4 Sting Bass Blackburst & Case 2017 #9616
Sorry, this item is out of stock
G&L Guitars USA Kiloton 4 Sting Bass Blackburst & Case #9616
Please refer to theÂ picture of the build sheet for theÂ exactÂ specs on this instrument.
kilÂ·oÂ·ton : /ËˆkilÉ™ËŒtÉ™n/ ~ a unit of explosive power equivalent to 1,000 tons of TNT.
What happens when you pack Leo Fender's potent Magnetic Field Design bass humbucker into the sleek shape of his SB-2? The new G&L Kiloton: explosive power that's easy to handle.
Kiloton's silhouette is the most comfortable bass body ever created by Leo. It's compact and pure, with every curve and contour perfectly executed. And now it's carrying more firepower than ever, with Leo's G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucker placed right in the sweet spot he specified back when the sign over our door still read CLFâ„¢ Research.
Kiloton's single MFD bucker fires without the aid of a preamp, while a 3-position series/split/parallel toggle harnesses the coils' power. Simple volume and tone controls are devastatingly effective, revealing a wide range of textures Leo's MFD bucker is famous for. What's more, Kiloton is armed with a 6-bolt neck and Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lockâ„¢ bridge to transfer all the energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
Kiloton is a new force of nature, wrought from Leo's elements and ready for impact. Click the the Video Demo tab to hear it, then get to your G&L dealer to experience it.
Made in Leo Fenderâ€™s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Kiloton is available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, neck profiles and pickguard materials.
Standard Specs (unless otherwise noted on the build sheet):
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 34"
- PICKUP: Leo Fenderâ€ -designed G&L MFDâ„¢ humbucker
- ELECTRONICS: 3-way series/split/parallel mini toggle, volume, tone
- BODY WOOD: Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on all Premier finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with choice of Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L 1 1/2" Medium C with 9 1/2" radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lockâ„¢ with chrome-plated brass saddles
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell
Why Choose G&L?
Founded in 1979 by Leo Fender and George Fullerton in Fullerton California, G&L Musical Instruments has been making creating some of the best sounding, affordable musical instruments in the industry. (Our founder, Leo Fender)
Created in the same legendary factory (on Fender Avenue) in which Leo Fender founded the company, G&L continues to make what Leo called â€œThe best instruments I have ever madeâ€. Innovations such as The Magnetic Field design pickups, Dual Fulcrum Vibrato Bridge and the unique electronics he invented are still among the best features of any instruments available.
Artists who play G&L
- Glen Campbell
- Jerry Cantrell
- Tom Hamilton
- Tim McGraw
- Wanda Ortiz
The vast number of instrument models and options available separate this company from any currently manufacturing instruments today. With any option we offer, you can literally build the guitar of your dreams. Most â€œcustomâ€ shops will often make you wait a year or more and cost you thousands of dollars to build. G&L instruments take a fraction of this time for you to get the instrument you want while not breaking the bank. Benefits of buying a G&L USA Instrument
- MADE IN THE USA
- 50 MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM
- 27 STANDARD FINISHES (no additional charge)
- 23 PREMIUM FINISHES (additional charge)
- 3 NECK RADIUS OPTIONS/14 NECK PROFILE OPTIONS
- 6 FINGERBOARD MATERIAL OPTIONS
- Â 9 NECK FINISH OPTIONS
- 10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- ALL USA INSTRUMENTS COME WITH A DELUXE
- HARDSHELL CASE AT NO EXTRA CHARGE