Quilter Labs Bass Block 800 Watt Mini Bass Guitar Amplifier Head & Gig Bag
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Quilter Labs Bass Block 800 Mini Amplifier Head for Bass Guitar
The long awaited solution for bass players is here!
Built from the Ground up:
Built specifically for the bass guitar, the Bass Block 800 represents the culmination of years of research and development. Unlike many of today's compact bass amps, the Bass Block 800 is not simply an existing consumer-grade power module married to a pre-amp, but a comprehensive power system that responds dynamically and musically to the playerâ€™s instrument and touch.
The Bass Block is so light you might forget you are carrying it to the gig! Using an ultralight aluminum chassis, internal fan-cooled heat sink, and ferreting out every ounce possible, the Bass Block manages to pack 800 watts into a sturdy and insanely lightweight 4-lb package.
Real world power at any voltage:
Using high power technology developed for world-class pro audio touring, the Bass Block 800 delivers effortless reserves of power to maintain tight control of the speaker without clipping or bottoming out. The universal-voltage power supply delivers smooth and powerful response regardless of â€œclub voltageâ€ surges. The amp works on any voltage, anywhere. Plug it in, turn it up, enjoy the effortless beauty of the tone!
The most "musical" bass head ever?
Pat Quilterâ€™s first amp was built in 1967 for his brotherâ€™s bass player, and great bass tone remains a key passion. The modern bass is a full-range instrument, with much different dynamic requirements than electric guitar. Low frequencies require more horsepower to move air, and the instrument demands percussive response without bottoming out or obtrusive limiting. The Bass Block provides 800 â€œreal wattsâ€ to build on, and the preamp is optimized to make the best use of that power, providing more effective headroom with less stress on the speakers. Unique bass-specific EQ controls allow the bassist to quickly dial in a wide range of tones to match any instrument, and a special 2-stage limiter prevents bottoming out without suppressing dynamic response and feel. A Master control allows the peak power point to be adjusted to safely power any size of speaker, from giant stacks down to compact studio units. A prolonged field testing program has confirmed that every component in the Bass Block 800 is focused on creating the ultimate musical instrument for bass players. You will feel it every moment of every gig. Effortless, powerful, and exacting tone at your fingertips. The ultimate tool in your arsenal.
- Includes Deluxe carrying case!
- 225 watts-16 Ohms, 450 watts-8 ohms, 800-watts, 4 ohms (2 Ohm use possible, but may experience clipping at high volume.)
AC Power Req.:
- 100â€“240Vac, 50â€“60 Hz, 250 W typical, 1000W peak.
- PASSIVE INPUT: Â¼" mono (full gain), 2 meg
- ACTIVE INPUT: Â¼" mono (-10dB gain), 30K
- LINE INPUT: XLR 10K balanced, 1V full scale.
- LINE OUTPUT: XLR, quasi-balanced, 400 ohms, 1V full scale
- GAIN CONTROL MUTE BUTTON (with red warning LED) <
- DEPTH CONTROL (100Hz Hi-Q bass control)
- CONTOUR CONTROL (Low-mid scoop, flat, treble cut)
- MASTER CONTROL (adjusts peak power from 0 to 800W)
- PILOT LIGHT (â€œwinksâ€ if the amplifier is driven into thermal limiting)
- 4-8 ohms, 90V, 25A peak
- Dual Â¼â€ jacks, 8 ohms each
- Speakon (2 wire) 4-8 ohms.
- 3.5mm mini-jack, 20 ohms per side, 2V peak.
- H x W x D 8.5â€(218mm) x 7.5â€ (190mm) x 3â€ (76mm)
- 3.7 lbs (2kg)
- UL recognized, tested to conform to FCC/CE limits for Class B devices.