G&L Guitars USA ASAT Classic S Autumn Burst Guitar & Case NOS 2013 #6639
Sorry, this item is out of stock
G&L Guitars USA ASAT Classic S Autumn Burst Electric Guitar & Case #6639
New Old Stock 2013
Please refer to the picture of the build sheet for the specifications on this instrument
The G&L ASAT Classic 'S' is a factory-modded version of Leo's final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. First created in 2004 by the G&L Custom Creations team, the ASAT Classic 'S' later joined the line as a standard model in 2008.
The basic idea for this kind of arrangement has been long established in the Nashville session player scene, where players often install a Strat middle pickup in the middle position of a Telecaster and swap the 3-position pickup selector with a 5-way unit.
Back in 2004, The G&L Custom Creations Department dediced to build an instrument similar to the formula adopted by the Nashville guys but with a distinctly G&L flavor with ASAT Classic MFD pickups in place of Alnico Tele pickups, and the S-500 MFD in place of the Strat pickup. The CCD team decided to ice the cake with a push/pull tone pot that functions the same way as the S-500's mini-toggle switch, enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together for a unique sonic depth that G&L players love.
The "S" designation comes from both internal designation for this instrument, due to its use of the S-500 middle pickup, and "Session" in homage to the origin of this guitar configuration.
Standard Specifications unless otherwise noted on the build sheet:
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender -designed G&L MFD single coils
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius
- NUT: 100% natural bone
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: traditional boxed-steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, tone with push/pull pickup expansion enabling neck+bridge or all 3 pickups together
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell
Why Choose G&L?
Founded in 1979 by Leo Fender and George Fullerton in Fullerton California, G&L Musical Instruments has been making creating some of the best sounding, affordable musical instruments in the industry. (Our founder, Leo Fender)
Created in the same legendary factory (on Fender Avenue) in which Leo Fender founded the company, G&L continues to make what Leo called The best instruments I have ever made. Innovations such as The Magnetic Field design pickups, Dual Fulcrum Vibrato Bridge and the unique electronics he invented are still among the best features of any instruments available.
Artists who play G&L
- Glen Campbell
- Jerry Cantrell
- Tom Hamilton
- Tim McGraw
- Wanda Ortiz
The vast number of instrument models and options available separate this company from any currently manufacturing instruments today. With any option we offer, you can literally build the guitar of your dreams. Most custom shops will often make you wait a year or more and cost you thousands of dollars to build. G&L instruments take a fraction of this time for you to get the instrument you want while not breaking the bank. Benefits of buying a G&L USA Instrument
- MADE IN THE USA
- 50 MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM
- 27 STANDARD FINISHES (no additional charge)
- 23 PREMIUM FINISHES (additional charge)
- 3 NECK RADIUS OPTIONS/14 NECK PROFILE OPTIONS
- 6 FINGERBOARD MATERIAL OPTIONS
- 9 NECK FINISH OPTIONS
- 10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- ALL USA INSTRUMENTS COME WITH A DELUXE
- HARDSHELL CASE AT NO EXTRA CHARGE