G&L Guitars USA Custom ASAT Z3 3 Tone Sunburst Guitar & Case 2016 #7639
Sorry, this item is out of stock
G&L Guitars USA Custom ASAT Z3 3 Tone Sunburst Guitar & Case #7639
Please refer to the picture of the build sheet for the exact specifications on this instrument.
The G&L Comanche® is Leo’s final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe, and the ASAT Z-3 is like packing a Comanche into an ASAT body. Like the Comanche, the first thing you’ll notice about the ASAT Z-3 is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Design™ Z-Coil™ pickups designed by Leo Fender† himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
You’ll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but what’s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume. What’s more, the ASAT Z-3 includes a push/pull tone pot to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASAT® Special. Talk about versatile! And like the ASAT Special, the Z-3 maximizes sustain with Leo’s Saddle-Lock™ bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, the Comanche and all G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
Standard Specifications unless otherwise noted on the build sheet:
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ Z-Coil™ hum-cancelling
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius
- NUT: 100% natural bone
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock™ with chrome-plated brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble with push/pull enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell