G&L Guitars USA Custom ASAT Z3 Tobacco Sunburst Electric Guitar & Case #7641
Authorized Premier Dealer!
G&L Guitars USA Custom ASAT Z3 Candy Apple Red Electric Guitar & Case #7618
Please refer to the picture of the build sheet for the exact specifications on this instrument.
The G&L ComancheÂ® is Leoâ€™s final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe, and the ASAT Z-3 is like packing a Comanche into an ASAT body. Like the Comanche, the first thing youâ€™ll notice about the ASAT Z-3 is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Designâ„¢ Z-Coilâ„¢ pickups designed by Leo Fenderâ€ himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
Youâ€™ll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but whatâ€™s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume. Whatâ€™s more, the ASAT Z-3 includes a push/pull tone pot to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASATÂ® Special. Talk about versatile! And like the ASAT Special, the Z-3 maximizes sustain with Leoâ€™s Saddle-Lockâ„¢ bridge which transfers string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, the Comanche and all G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-onâ„¢.
Standard Specifications unless otherwise noted on the build sheet:
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fenderâ€ -designed G&L MFDâ„¢ Z-Coilâ„¢ hum-cancelling
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius
- NUT: 100% natural bone
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lockâ„¢ with chrome-plated brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble with push/pull enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell