G&L Guitars USA Custom COMANCHE Honey Electric Guitar & Case 2016 #8085
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Authorized Premier Dealer!
G&L Guitars USA Custom COMANCHEÂ Honey Electric Guitar & Case
Please refer to the picture of the build sheet for the exact specifications on this guitar.Â
The G&L ComancheÂ® is Leoâ€™s final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe. Fact is, the first thing youâ€™ll notice about the Comanche is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Designâ„¢ Z-Coilâ„¢ pickups designed by Leo Fenderâ€ himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
Youâ€™ll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but whatâ€™s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the Comancheâ€™s PTBâ„¢ (Passive Treble and Bass) system. Whatâ€™s more, the Comanche includes a mini-toggle expander switch to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASATÂ® Special. Talk about versatile!
Making the most of this delicious combo is Leoâ€™s Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
The Comanche was the very last double-cutaway bolt-on guitar designed by Leo Fender, the culmination of everything he had learned during his amazing lifetime. Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, the Comanche and all G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-onâ„¢.
Standard Specifications unless otherwise noted on the build sheet:
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fenderâ€ -designed G&L MFDâ„¢ Z-Coilâ„¢ hum-cancelling
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius
- NUT: 100% natural bone
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrumâ„¢ vibrato with forged brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTBâ„¢ system), mini-toggle expander switch enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell
Why Choose G&L?
Founded in 1979 by Leo Fender and George Fullerton in Fullerton California, G&L Musical Instruments has been making creating some of the best sounding, affordable musical instruments in the industry. (Our founder, Leo Fender)
Created in the same legendary factory (on Fender Avenue) in which Leo Fender founded the company, G&L continues to make what Leo called â€œThe best instruments I have ever madeâ€. Innovations such as The Magnetic Field design pickups, Dual Fulcrum Vibrato Bridge and the unique electronics he invented are still among the best features of any instruments available.
Artists who play G&L
- Glen Campbell
- Jerry Cantrell
- Tom Hamilton
- Tim McGraw
- Wanda Ortiz
The vast number of instrument models and options available separate this company from any currently manufacturing instruments today. With any option we offer, you can literally build the guitar of your dreams. Most â€œcustomâ€ shops will often make you wait a year or more and cost you thousands of dollars to build. G&L instruments take a fraction of this time for you to get the instrument you want while not breaking the bank. Benefits of buying a G&L USA Instrument
- MADE IN THE USA
- 50 MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM
- 27 STANDARD FINISHES (no additional charge)
- 23 PREMIUM FINISHES (additional charge)
- 3 NECK RADIUS OPTIONS/14 NECK PROFILE OPTIONS
- 6 FINGERBOARD MATERIAL OPTIONS
- Â 9 NECK FINISH OPTIONS
- 10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- ALL USA INSTRUMENTS COME WITH A DELUXE
- HARDSHELL CASE AT NO EXTRA CHARGE