G&L Guitars USA Custom COMANCHE Jet Black Electric Guitar & Case 2016 #8687
Authorized Premier Dealer!
G&L Guitars USA COMANCHE Jet Black Electric Guitar & Case #8687
Please refer to the picture of the build sheet for the exact specifications on this guitar.
The G&L ComancheÂ® is Leoâ€™s final word on the traditional double-cutaway bolt-on axe. Fact is, the first thing youâ€™ll notice about the Comanche is the distinctive shape of the Magnetic Field Designâ„¢ Z-Coilâ„¢ pickups designed by Leo Fenderâ€ himself. These pickups deliver a bright and sparkly top end while offering a robust bottom end, all without any 60-cycle hum.
Youâ€™ll find plenty of power in the Z-coil pickups, but whatâ€™s surprising is how glassy and detailed they become as you roll back the volume and bass controls, the latter a part of the Comancheâ€™s PTBâ„¢ (Passive Treble and Bass) system. Whatâ€™s more, the Comanche includes a mini-toggle expander switch to allow neck+bridge or all three pickups together. In a pinch, the neck+bridge combo does a convincing faux ASATÂ® Special. Talk about versatile!
Making the most of this delicious combo is Leoâ€™s Dual-Fulcrum vibrato, a work of engineering art which allows bending up or down with unsurpassed stability, while offering a silky feel through its beefy aluminum vibrato arm.
The Comanche was the very last double-cutaway bolt-on guitar designed by Leo Fender, the culmination of everything he had learned during his amazing lifetime. Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, the Comanche and all G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-onâ„¢.
Standard Specifications unless otherwise noted on the build sheet:
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fenderâ€ -designed G&L MFDâ„¢ Z-Coilâ„¢ hum-cancelling
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on Premier Finishes, Alder on Standard Finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L Modern Classic with 9 1/2" radius
- NUT: 100% natural bone
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Dual-Fulcrumâ„¢ vibrato with forged brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, volume, treble, bass (PTBâ„¢ system), mini-toggle expander switch enabling additional pickup combinations of neck+bridge or all three pickups together.
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell