G&L Guitars USA SB-2 Margarita Metallic 4 String Bass & Case 2016 #8757
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Authorized Premier Dealer!
G&L Guitars USA SB-2 Margarita Metallic 4 String Bass & Case #8757
Leo's Own Take on the P/J
When Leo Fenderâ€ launched the G&L SB-2â„¢ bass in 1982, he packed his latest innovations in pickup and bridge design into a straightforward, hard-working bass. If you prefer a less-is-more aesthetic but hunger for something meatier, the SB-2 is just the ticket.
The SB-2 starts with a familiar shape, though subtle modifications to its sculpting make it more sleek and balanced. Strap it on and it immediately feels at home, yet somehow more comfortable than you expected. The slim, C-shaped neck falls immediately to hand, checking in with a comfortable 9 1/2" radius and 21 Jescar 57110 medium-jumbo nickel-silver frets ready to deliver silky playability.
Once the SB-2 has nestled into your comfort zone, itâ€™s time to experience just how far Leo evolved the classic duo of split-coil and single coil pickups. You see, these Magnetic Field Designâ„¢ interpretations were created by Leo to give you more gusto without losing detail and finesse. A simple dual-volume control setup allows you to strike any balance between the two, even backing off both volumes to dial in a more vintage flavor. Whatâ€™s more, the SB-2 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lockâ„¢ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
The bottom line: SB-2 brings the magic of Leoâ€™s own reinterpretation of the P/J configuration in a bass that delivers all the tone and feel you'd expect in a "Latter Day Leo" instrument.
Made in Leo Fenderâ€™s historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the SB-2 is available with a wide range of custom options including body and neck woods, body and neck finishes, neck profiles and pickguard materials.
Standard Specifications unless otherwise noted on the build sheet:
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-onSCALE: 34"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fenderâ€ -designed G&L MFDâ„¢ split-coil (neck) and single coil (bridge)
- BODY WOOD: Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, Swamp Ash on all Premier finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with choice of Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK PROFILE: G&L 1 1/2" Medium C with 9 1/2" radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lockâ„¢ with chrome-plated brass saddles
- ELECTRONICS: dual-volume
- CASE: deluxe Tolex hardshell