G&L Tribute M-2000 GTS 4 String Carved Flame Top Trans Black Bass #8460
Sorry, this item is out of stock
G&L Tribute M-2000 GTS 4 String Carved Flame Top Transparent Black Bass
This is a new bass
Three decades ago, the G&L L-2000â„¢ bass served notice that company founder Leo Fenderâ€ was ready to disrupt the status quo. The bold, brash L-2000 has always been an exhilarating experience for players with the skill to pull it off. Now the new M-2000â„¢ and M-2500 harness that power with a sonic palate that will surprise and delight new and die-hard G&L fans alike.
Leoâ€™s MFDâ„¢ humbuckers have always been the heart of the iconic L-Series. In the all-new M-Series, these powerhouses are voiced to fully exploit a studio-quality 18v preamp system specially designed for them. With an LF442 chip, 100v poly caps, 1% metal film resistors and big, fat signal traces on the mil-spec circuit board, this preamp reveals everything the player and the instrument have to offer. And thereâ€™s even more:
â€¢ Primary volume and pan controls to explore the full range of sounds available between the two pickups
â€¢ 3-band EQ with peripherally placed, center-detent, reduced-diameter knobs
â€¢ An impeccable, familiar â€œfeelâ€ of the instrument in the hands and on the shoulder
â€¢ The return of the classic â€œCâ€-shape 1 5/8â€ neck, discontinued by G&L in the 1980s
For slapping, rolling back some highs and dialing up some lows, coupled with a mid-range boost, magnifies the intensity that Leoâ€™s humbuckers are famous for. Need more definition for fingerstyle? Just bring up the treble and roll off the bass for a nuanced and detailed sound. Headroom? The new M-Series preamp harnesses the power of those meaty MFD humbuckers without a hint of clipping. The best tools are simple, intuitive and easy to use, and thatâ€™s exactly what youâ€™ll find in the new M-Series package. Truly, itâ€™s the evolution of Leoâ€™s revolution.
- BODY: Bound and Carved Top Basswood body
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 34"
- PICKUPS: Two L-spec G&L MFD humbucking pickups made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash on translucent and burst finishes, Basswood on solid finishes
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4"
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 21 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: Traditional open-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock
- ELECTRONICS: Tri-Tone system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass